A blog about...



THE FREEDOM TO CREATE BRINGS US THE FREEDOM TO LIVE



Monday, August 10, 2009

Job Wanted!!

CAIRNS 10-08 It's been 2 weeks since I moved into the "sharehouse".. The apartment which we're sharing with other travelers and students. The apartment where we have so much luxury, so much peace (too much at times..) and so much cleanliness. Can't believe how quick it's going. So, me and Janice are sharing a room, and the apartment is "girls only". It's fine for now. I can't know what's going to happen over the next few weeks, but we don't think we'll be extending our stay in this set-up. We sometimes laugh that we've landed ourselves in a monastry: Men are a no-no. Noise is a no-no, after 10.30pm. Parties are a no-no. Which is all good I suppose, or else I'd be sitting here complaining that all the students are too loud, boozing all night and keeping me from my beauty sleep ;)
So I'm not going to complain. Either way, it's all good.

Here in Cairns, the "plan" (I hate having too many plans, because things don't always work out the way you would want them to..and then the "plan" goes out the window and all can seem lost, so I'm using this word and being very reluctant at the same time) that I had in my mind, was to look for work here and settle for a while. I'm currently working on that plan. I'm doing my best to make it all come together. That way I can start working on my next "plan". But for one thing to take off, other things also need to happen and fall into place. So the "plan" is still in the making. By that I mean, that I haven't found work as of yet. I've put out my cv's to so many places and have applied online to so many vacancies. But most of the available jobs are being taken Australian residents or by those who can commit to staying in Cairns for at least 6 months: Oh no..too much commitment for me, Sorry!! But then sometimes it's hard to know if it wouldn't be better for me to just commit long term, in order to stay here and work, rather than only wanting to commit myself to 3 months, and hoping for that job to fall out of the sky. I can hope for it to fall out of the sky, and sometimes I do. But sometimes I don't. Hummm.. all this to-ing and fro-ing.. I'm confused. If I remember correctly from when I've been looking for work in the past, it's always the way it goes: It's the uncertainty I'm guessing.

Looking for work, can be a full-time job at the best of times. I've been looking for 2 weeks now. And sometimes all my effort could so easily be in vain. A waste of time and energy. But I can't think like that, because then all the positive thoughts as I walk the streets of Cairns yet one more time, searching for somewhere I haven't yet given my cv to, will be gone and the job will never fall in to my lap. So if I don't find work here, at least I can rest assured that I gave my all and that I tried to make a go of settling here in this tropical paradise. As well, finding that job, is all about timing. Being in the right place, at the right time, is when those plans that were meant to plan out, start to take shape. So staying possitive is what I'm doing.

Janice, my roommate, is also looking for work at the moment. So we're in the same boat. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. If she's up, she's pulling my up with her high spirits. If I'm up, I'm pulling her up here with me. So that's a great balance, but at one stage, we will both probably say.. "I cannot pull you up here with me anymore", or "I cannot reach your high spirits right now". For now though, we're both going with the flow. Enjoying the days, when the search for work is done. Going to the beaches, having picnics, hanging by the pool, going for the odd drink (nothing excessive though, not unless we're drinking our own bought wine..saving the pennies..haha). If I was meant to stay in Cairns to work, the job will come. If it wasn't meant to be, then time will soon tell. I'm going to give myself 2 more weeks, and see what happens, see how I feel and then decide what to do..

For now though, I'm enjoying being in the monastry, I'm enjoying the sun as well as the clouds that fill the sky everyday like clockwork, at 4pm (the wetseason will soon be with us: rain, humidity, heat, sun.. all in one, but still being able to wear the flip-flops.). That's the beauty of life in this climate!
Time will tell whether I'm meant to be here in Cairns or not.. How exciting it is to not know what going to happen next xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment