A blog about...



THE FREEDOM TO CREATE BRINGS US THE FREEDOM TO LIVE



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The end of temptation..

So, the story continues as I was breaking away from Kayamkulam-teaching and heading to wherever I was taken to: on Thursday afternoon the decision was made for me; after having such an emotional day at school, after feeling to really have made a difference in the short space of time in the small town of Kayamkulam and after realizing that I was apart of an amazing community all along when many moments my focus was led away from this amazing world because of forcing myself to make decisions and also trying to predict the future, I said good-bye with so many more friends in my heart. No matter how much time passes, I’ll always have many homes that will open their doors to me again, here in this little town.

I said goodbye and went to sort out my life - on the internet. And the answer was there waiting for me. All I needed to know, was in that email; it was the most abrupt, rude and snobbish email I’ve ever received, revealing information he (the Greek doctor) could have told me weeks ago, which would have saved me many sleepless nights. Without a greeting he said that he didn’t think I’d meet the requirement of paying 800 pounds as a deposit for a travel allowance and a work permit. There was nothing else, no goodbye, nothing. Just 2 lines saying that he’s assuming I’m a poor traveller without a dime to my name!!! How cheeky. But how happy and relieved I was!! I didn’t need to make up my mind, that email said everything. Of course I don’t have that money to spare but even if I did, I’m not sure I’d want to be apart of their family and work so closely with somebody who is giving me a label just for the lifestyle I’m living.

I felt free again, I felt blissful again, I felt excited again. 5 minutes later I called the contact I have with the other school, who is Byron from England (I’ve mentioned him before), I arranged to meet him and go to the new school the next day (which was Friday, and also when I was due to leave the hostel and Kayamkulam). Byron has an office and apartment in Kottayam, 2 hours away, and he also offered me to stay with him from that Friday night. Within 5 minutes I went from still thinking maybe I’d go to England to knowing that I’d be staying in India until my visa expires and knowing that I’d be having another teaching experience in this amazing place. These 2 options couldn’t have been more different from each other, but I knew acting so fast was what I needed. It all felt so right. I had a short term plan, I was going places, I was doing what I wanted to do and I was on top of the world!

Leaving Kayamkulam and this school feels like the right thing to do for now. If it turns out that it wasn’t the right decision, then I’ll simply change. It can all be so simple! From tomorrow (Friday the 21st) I’ll be on the road again. I’m excited and eager to see what will happen over the next week! How amazing things have, once again, all fallen into place, after being briefly tempted by an offer back on the “home-front”. Just goes to show, you never know what could happen and where things can lead and it’s not a opportunity lost, but it’s proof that the world really does have endless options and they can take you anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment