A blog about...



THE FREEDOM TO CREATE BRINGS US THE FREEDOM TO LIVE



Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My song

On the journey over, I sat in Singpore Airport, in transit. Looking around while I was chilling out and taking in all the people in such a spotless place that oozed wealth and cleanliness, I was killing time. I switched on my ipod and put it on shuffle, so it radomly selects songs from different albums. I hadn't listened to any music yet whilst being on the road (or in the air).

The first song that it played, was so freakishly meant for me.. It was Nicole Kidman singing one of the songs from the soundtrack of the movie Moulin Rouge.. I'm not too sure of the title, but the chorus goes like this:

"Some day I'll fly away, leave all this to yesterday..
Why live life from dream to dream, and dread the day that dreaming ends.."


As with any chorus, it was repeated over and over again, throughout for 3 to 4 minutes. I couldn't believe the meaning of this song and the fact that my ipod had selected this song, all by itself out of the 500 I have on it, at that moment, when I was acting out the message that song was sending out. What an amazing feeling that gave me: I was in Singapore, I was flying away and I was leaving everything to yesterday. I was not living from one dream to the next, but I was making one particular dream come true. I'll never dread the day that dreaming ends, because living it, is keeping it alive.

I was able to do that, in that very instant and I was able to be so sure that it was going to continue for as long as I truly wanted.
It made me choke-up, but I didn't care. This was my song, this way my dream, this was my flight.. that they were actually calling through the microphone, as it was time to board that plane to Oz..

No comments:

Post a Comment