A blog about...



THE FREEDOM TO CREATE BRINGS US THE FREEDOM TO LIVE



Monday, December 14, 2009

Pretty as a picture

It's a Monday evening - One week since getting here, to Kho Phangang. And all is so calm and peaceful. The guys I met during the ferry ride from Suratani to this island, are still here. I'm still here. We've been hanging out together for a week now, and life is just simply amazing.

I've been discovering so much, I've been doing so little, but feel like I've been here forever, all at the same time. We ended up staying at the same resort for a week and moved to the north side of the island, where it's more isolated. We weren't too fussed with being in a touristy spot, and the bungalows we found instead, were exactly what we imagined ourselves to be staying in when we first set off on our trip to Kho Phangnang. Except now, to make this trip all the more complete, we also found such great friends to share the experience with. None of us cares for parties, for excursions or for crowds.. Yes, we are a right crowd of "partypoopers" I have to say.. But that's what it clicks so well!

So now, we are staying in a place that's as pretty as a picture. Really it is. The bungalows are right on the beach, there's hardly no restaurants, no people, no noise.. That's mainly because the place we're staying in only has electricity from 6pm until 7am. The rest of the day, there can be nothing but people and their books. It's the perfect surrounding for me to do whatever I need right now. I have space, I have great people that are teaching me so much and the best part of all, for the past week, time has gone out the window; so much so that at one stage we had to ask someone what day of the week it was. Not to worry..

Anyway, even though we're isolated, each day we've still been touring the island, exploring all the little remote villages, waterfalls, beaches and mountains by motorbike. But by forgetting time, I'm able to be so happy every moment and I'm savouring every day..even when it turns out differently than we had planned or expected. The weather has been "touch and go", but still hot. We've had some rainy days, but I didn't mind. Getting into the sea when it's raining, is so amazing.

Such precious days like this are meant to be savoured..because they end so suddenly. My visa for Thailand is finished on the 19th of this month. So I have to leave the country soon. I have a few options: I could do a daytrip to Malaysia, to re-enter the country and get another visa and then stay here on Kho Phangnang for Christmas and then make my way back to Malaysia for the 27th, because that's when I fly back to Oz. Or I could leave the country and re-enter on a new visa and visit some other spot in this beautiful country or I could just leave the country and spend a week in Malaysia before flying back to Oz. I'm not too sure what to do. But I'll have to be making up my mind pretty soon, I've only got 4 more days!

There's nobody here to influence my decision, so it's totally up to me.. Do I want to throw myself into some more adventures for just one week and risk the chance of spending Christmas either alone or with people I don't really know OR do I want to stay in paradise for one more week and embrace each day and be pretty certain that I'll be spending Christmas with these guys who I already class as my dear friends..? It would sound as if the answer is right there in the way I described the two options, and you would ask yourself what is being so indecisive for. But that's me I suppose.

Whenever I loose the days, I forget that I have to make up my mind. And today I was brought back to reality and now it's time for me to make up my mind.. Keep you posted xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment