A blog about...



THE FREEDOM TO CREATE BRINGS US THE FREEDOM TO LIVE



Monday, January 24, 2011

Agency Urgency!!!!

Bringing the ‘agent story’ back today, to me, and to what I’m doing, as I prepare for take-off…

2 weeks ago, Diann read it. 3 days later, she let me know that she’d finished it and was blown away by what the book had become. I can’t begin to say how I felt, when I heard her say these words. It was all I wanted IN THE WORLD… for the person who was one of the reasons for me to have been able to write this book in the first place - the one who almost ‘provided’ me with the knowledge that’s within the pages - to say how much she’s in love with my baby, literally brought tears of joy to my eyes (god I seem to be doing a lot of crying these days!!!hahah)…

This was a huge accomplishment and suddenly the doubts as to whether or not my manuscript was accessible, logical, accurate, self-explanatory, different and heartfelt… started fading away and I was more confident that it really IS a story that many people will be able to relate to, on some level or other. She read it as objectively as possible, through her professional eyes and her eyes that have experienced many tales and have read 1000s of books! I knew I could count on her for honest feedback, I wanted to hear true advice about what to change, how to maybe adjust a few chapters, what to work on… But there wasn’t a thing she advised me to change… Wouw, I never expected it and so I couldn’t have asked for a more encouraging response.

Since then, the ‘baby’ has been passed on to a psychiatrist – her sister – who can give me feedback from a professional perspective and last week I handed it over to another person who plays a role in the story and whose approval I need, regarding the mentioning of his name.

I also started contacting the agents, further afield – I have to stretch the thinking further than the 6 Irish based AGENCIES… So, through email, my ‘baby’ is also flying to England and America. God, this book, my baby, my script… is proving to have the travel-bug already, in its youthful life!!! I guess my thinking is; there are no limits anymore and the world is a small place and this baby needs to fall into the hands of the right person, wherever those hands may be!

Everyday I’m doing something that will support this process. My god! The thirst I have, is so hard to quench… - no matter how many liters of green tea I drink - and the eagerness to get connected with the whole world, is one I’ve never before had, to such desperate measures. There are 10 AGENTS who have opened their door, there are 3 who accepted to read the book and there are another 180… to be approached! Wouw…

The time that lapses between them accepting to read the manuscript, finishing it and letting me know if they see the potential, will be the thing to test my patience. But I have to fine with that. As long as I keep putting the word out that there’s a script searching for an AGENT - a baby in search of home - a book in search of a shelf – which is done through more internet research – then the right person will ‘snap it up’. Yes yes yes… So each day, I strive for something to happen, for someone to reply, for some new contact to be saved in my mailbox and for a new idea to pop into my head that will keep this process going! Yes!!! 4 more weeks before I’m let ‘loose’… 4 more weeks before China… And just like the sky is the limit, so are the amount of contacts I can make within the book world… between now and then…

What an excitement…

No comments:

Post a Comment