A blog about...



THE FREEDOM TO CREATE BRINGS US THE FREEDOM TO LIVE



Saturday, February 26, 2011

Indian Intensity & Chinese Ease

I'm able to free-up so much of my mind, because I haven't needed to get used to this Asian way of life. I haven't been going through the same extreme of emotions or adjustments, as I went through during my first 2 weeks in India. I've been comparing it constantly that land of magic, in just about every way. Why? Because the last place I travelled to was that amazing country. So the impressions are still very much fresh in my mind. Here, there’s no honking of the horns, no crazy trafficking, no dirty streets and no stares (or maybe there are stares but I don't feel them). I don't feel like an outsider, I'm not afraid or wary of making eye contact and I don't feel ashamed when I say I'm not married at the age of 27. Speaking of religion is something that I don't feel uneasy about, because they just don't ask! It's all so very easy. And sooo convenient! I don’t know if this makes me happy or not! But I guess it's not about being happy or sad for fitting-in or standing-out. It's about feeling ease, no matter how others perceive you and no matter what part of the world you’re in.

I already have learnt why India led me to Ireland and why Ireland led me to China. India took such a toll on every aspect of who I was and it forced me to almost forget myself (just for trying to cope with the intensity of the impressions). And this in turn, forced me to find myself all over again. And what I found was leading me to Ireland and writing the book. India led me to awaken the story inside that needed to find an expression. And Ireland has led me to China, where I feel at ease already (within such a short space of time) and so I know that all this space and freedom of suddenly living in Asia, gives me extra life and energy to bring out the teacher again and to continue the process of the book publishing! I'd never be able to continue the book being in a country that's impressions are all-consuming and staying on top of those impressions, turns out to be a full-time job in itself. Wouw... China is like, normal life... almost – with enough opportunities, magic and inspiration to write, to teach and to simply be ‘still’ in my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment